Trademark Recordation Services

Our Trademark attorneys perform trademark recordation services before the CBP. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) relies heavily on the cooperation of the owners of trademark rights to record their rights in order to help them enforce their rights. If your trademarks are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and you believe that you have a problem with importations or exportations of infringing good, then you will want to inform CBP of the infringing goods and record your trademarks with CBP.

If you suspect goods are being imported in violation of Intellectual Property rights, you may call the National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center at (866) 477-2060 or visit their Website. You may also report IPR violations by submitting an electronic form online on Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Web site.

A trademark owner must be registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to record their trademark with Customs and Border Protection. There is a fee of $190.00 to apply for each trademark recorded. Trademarks are recorded for a term of 20 years.

In order for us to help you record your trademark, we need the following information: the name; complete business address; citizenship of the trademark owner; the place of manufacture of goods bearing the trademark to be recorded; the name and addresses of persons or companies authorized to use the trademark; the identity of any parent or subsidiary companies or other foreign companies under common ownership or control which uses the trademark abroad; and a status copy of the certificate of registration certified by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office showing title to be in the name of the applicant.